Sophisticated Leadership Analytics
Measuring and Improving your ‘Return on Leadership’
We are confident that we have developed some of the most sophisticated leadership analytics capabilities available. By combining deep insight into the domain of leadership with advanced traditional statistical methods and machine learning we can perform analyses which generate unprecedented insights into what good leadership looks like in your organisation, and how individuals and whole populations can be developed to achieve it.
Using these capabilities, we can help you to introduce a systematic, evidence-based approach to measuring and developing the impact of your leadership teams and your talent management processes. Our methods enable you to make data-driven decisions and develop business cases for investment in all elements of your talent cycle. More importantly, they can help you drive measurable improvements in critical organisational outcomes such as employee productivity, customer experience and organisational agility.
We can gather and analyse input and output data from the categories below to create a system that enables detailed evaluation of the impact of your leadership on the organisation.
Advanced Analytics Capabilities
The Leadership Analytics Process
We use our advanced analytics capabilities to model the relationships among different aspects of the leadership system. Data types can include:
- Leader characteristics and behaviour– we can collect data regarding personality, values, responses to pressure, cognitive ability and colleague feedback regarding behaviours and performance using our leadership assessment tools.
- Talent management and HR data– participation in leadership development programmes, promotions, coaching, experience in different contexts and roles,, tenure, absenteeism etc.
- Individual performance– performance ratings / rankings, hard production measures, customer feedback.
- Social network analysis – patterns of email exchange, phone contacts, sms
- Organisational outcomes– employee engagement data, staff turnover, financial performance, accident rates, customer experience / advocacy etc.
Once we have data from the requisite points in the system, we can build predictive models which show the relationships among them, and demonstrate the impact of input variables (e.g. attendance at a leadership development programme, being an agreeable leader, engagement level within a team) on organizational performance outcomes. We can show you which activities are adding value to leadership in your organisation and which may not be working well and may need improvements, e.g. where a leadership development programme is not resulting in improved leadership behaviour and impact.
Because our diagnostic tools for leadership personality, behaviours and impact are anchored in the Primary Colours task-based model, we can effectively turn this data into actionable insights for the leadership team.
We have found that this process and use of our tools have formed a powerful complement to traditional business process improvement methods. These steps form a continuous cycle of improvement, which over time, can transform organisational performance.
Talk to us about how we can help you to assess and develop your organisation using HR Analytics