Senior Consultant & Head of Employee Research
Edgecumbe are looking for an experienced Senior/Principal Consultant to join our growing team. You will need to have a background in leading employee engagement client projects and the ability to lead our established Employee Research service line. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned consultant who is interested in line management and business leadership responsibility alongside their consultancy. When you are advising managers and leaders on how they can engage their employees and lead better, there’s no better way to develop yourself than to walk in their shoes!
We are an established and growing business, over 25 years old and based in Bristol, with a team of 21 permanent employees and a loyal associate group. The internal team consists of consultants, project managers, client service assistants and central support colleagues. We have enjoyed a great culture over the years which is characterised by the great care we show each other, our partners and our clients as well as the academic and technical rigour we bring to our work and our constant drive to do more and better. We have an exciting strategy that will bring considerable opportunities for colleagues to shape and lead our business into the future.
Broadly, the role involves:
- Leading the employee research department to achieve its budget/targets and grow profitably (including management of sales, marketing, operational effectiveness, technology, supplier/ partner relationships and financial oversight).
- Developing and managing the employee research team members, ensuring that all colleagues are fully enabled and supported to fulfil their responsibilities.
- Developing the department’s products and offerings in line with best practice and industry standards.
- Selling, designing, leading and delivering research and consulting projects for clients and managing and developing client relationships.
- Contributing, where possible, to other consulting projects across the business, e.g. leadership assessment and/or development.
Who we’re looking for:
- Essential: Master’s degree level (merit or higher) in occupational psychology or a related subject.
- Desirable: BPS qualification in test use – test user in occupational ability and personality or equivalent.
- Desirable: NEO Personality Inventory certification.
- Desirable: Hogan Assessments certification.
- Desirable: Chartered Occupational Psychologist/ HCPC Registered status.
- Essential: At least 2 years’ experience in a relevant senior consultancy role (e.g. employee engagement consultancy, research) leading on client projects/ leading project teams.
- Essential: Business development experience (i.e. writing proposals, delivering pitch presentations, completing formal tender processes).
- Essential: Experience of developing relationships as a trusted expert with senior-level clients (Executive/ Director/ C-Suite).
- Desirable: At least 1 years’ people management experience.
- Desirable: Client account management experience.
- Desirable: Has assessed and provided feedback/ coaching for senior leaders.
- Desirable: Has worked with organisations from a range of industries and sectors.
Professional behaviours and abilities:
- Professionalism and ethical behaviour.
- Learning agility.
- Analytical and pro-active thinking.
- Comfort with responsibility and accountability.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organisation, planning, prioritisation and time management.
- Sound problem solving and decision-making.
- Welcoming of feedback and commitment to personal growth.
We work flexibly and are adopting hybrid working going forwards. There will be some requirements to be present at the Bristol office to ensure we build and sustain good relationships and collaborate well together, as well as the requirement for travel to client sites (largely in the UK, but with the potential for occasional overseas travel).
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- 28 days holiday plus public holidays.
- Use of company laptop and mobile phone.
- Up to 5% contributory pension.
- Private medical insurance (optional).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Onsite office café.
- Onsite gym (discounted rate).
- Discounted corporate bus travel.
How to apply
Please send your CV to HR@edgecumbe.co.uk and include an indication of your salary expectations. All applications will be treated in confidence. As a company wishing to employ individuals from diverse backgrounds, we welcome applications from black and ethnic minority backgrounds.