Edgecumbe Consulting Group is a highly successful psychology-based consulting business based in Bristol. Our purpose is to improve leadership – because a better world needs better leadership. Our mission is to identify and develop the kinds of leadership that create the conditions for people, organisations and societies to thrive, sustainably. We have begun our journey towards B Corp accreditation as we strongly believe that we make a positive impact in the work that we do.
Edgecumbe Consulting’s core capabilities as a consultancy are assessing and developing leadership, building and measuring engagement, leadership team coaching and people analytics.
We are a friendly, fun and passionate team with a fabulous culture revolving around our values:
- We care.
- We continuously innovate.
- We uphold quality.
- We help people thrive.
We are now recruiting for one or two Client Service Assistants to assist the Doctor 360 team in administering and supporting the Doctor 360 feedback service and/or to administrate and coordinate Edgecumbe client projects including engagement surveys, focus groups, psychometric tests and leadership assessments.
We are proud of our track record of growing our own talent and are able to provide the training and opportunities for the person appointed to develop their capabilities beyond this role.
- Salary range: £21,500 – £22,500 p.a. dependent on level of experience.
- Hours: full time (37.5 hours per week) working Monday to Friday. Hybrid working, flexible working patterns possible. Part time hours will be considered (minimum 30 hours per week).
We operate a hybrid working approach allowing you to have a base in our central Bristol office whilst flexibly mixing home-working depending on client and team demands. During your initial training period you will work more frequently from the office as we value the positive aspects of getting to know you, and training you face-to-face.
Administration and provision of support to clients
- Assisting the Dr 360 team to support patient feedback processes.
- Supporting our research & analytics consultants with the administration and coordination of survey and consulting projects and ensuring they are completed to company standards.
- Helping the client project delivery team to support client projects.
- Acting as a customer interface across all teams:
- Handling telephone enquiries and queries from clients and liaison with team members to progress client work.
- Handling email queries from clients with efficient response rates.
- Provision of support and expectation management to relevant clients and suppliers, promoting first-class relationships with them.
- Liaising with team coordinators/consultants to agree priorities.
- Timely completion of data entry of patient questionnaires.
- Maintaining and updating databases using Excel.
- Keeping records of questionnaires sent out and returned, monitoring deadlines and chasing surveys/psychometrics to be completed.
- Processing orders – setting up new clients/teams using web-based software.
- Producing contracts and invoices using established templates.
- Liaison with third party suppliers.
- Downloading and dispatching automated reports to clients and consultants, ensuring that each report is sent before the deadline (research & analytics team).
- Assisting with data analysis (research & analytics team).
- Keeping records of project progress and correspondence, ensuring safe storage of past project documentation.
- Social responsibility: participating in company community and wellbeing activities.
- Environmental responsibility: minimising environmental impact of day-to-day activities.
- Managing time to ensure deadlines are achieved or exceeded.
- Undertaking general administration including photocopying, typing, data entry, report and presentation production, binding and distribution.
- Providing office and phone cover including co-ordinating messages/enquiries.
- Providing general assistance to other office staff, including holiday and sickness cover.
- Working with all other members of the company to constantly review and improve the systems and procedures.
- A-level or equivalent level of education (e.g apprenticeship/BTEC).
- Good Maths and English GCSE grades.
Skills and attributes
- Essential: strong MS Office skills, including Excel and Word.
- Essential: astute with the ability to learn quickly – the potential to grow beyond this role is key.
- Essential: time management to ensure that deadlines are met or exceeded.
- Desirable: database skills including input and manipulation of data.
- Desirable: an interest in psychology (even if you do not hold any psychology qualifications).
- Essential: at least 1 year’s work experience in a similar client facing assistant or admin role.
- Desirable: experience of working in a compliance, GDPR or validation environment.
- Desirable: experience of working with a variety of business sectors including the health sector.
Professional behaviours and abilities
- Planning and organisation: delivering agreed outcomes on time and proactively informing others if deadlines are at risk.
- Interpersonal skills: communicating effectively with clients, suppliers and colleagues in person, by phone and by email.
- Learning agility: ability to take on board new information and implement learning in day-to-day work.
- Delivery effectiveness: performing assigned tasks efficiently and accurately showing strong attention to detail.
- Time management: managing time efficiently and responding flexibly to changing workload demands.
- Analytical and pro-active thinking: ability to take ownership of tasks.
- Professionalism and ethical behaviour
- Ablility to embrace change: comfortable working in an environment where requirements and business needs often change.
- 23 days holiday plus public holidays (rising by one additional day per year up to a maximum of 28 days holiday) – pro-rata for part time work.
- Use of company laptop.
- Up to 5% contributory pension.
- Bike to Work scheme.
- Onsite gym (discounted rate).
- Discounted bus travel.
- 1 paid volunteering day per financial year.
- Matched charitable donations scheme.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering email explaining your interest in and suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company wishing to employ individuals from diverse backgrounds, we encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds. We will review applications as they come in and screen all suitable applicants. If you are interested in the role, please submit your application as soon as possible. Interviews will be held during July/August 2023 with a view to starting the role in September 2023.
Please note: you must have the right to work in the UK as we cannot sponsor visas. NO AGENCIES, please.